The first Nokia’s handset with Android is arriving early next year. After announcing its future plans to return to tablets and phones in May. This news was confirmed in a press release from the Nokia company, which is now owned by HMD. HMD is going to launch Nokia’a smartphones and tablet in market. Company also confirmed that they will be releasing at least three Android phones before 2017.
“Of the three phones coming, two will be “flagship” handsets, meaning high-end specs and high-end features. As of right now the two flagships are rumoured to feature: 5.2 and 5.5-inch QHD OLED displays, Snapdragon 820 processors, 22.6MP graphene cameras, metal construction, water and dust resistance, and Android 7.0 Nougat.”
Mike Wang, president of the joint management team, Nokia China, confirmed this news.
Upcoming Nokia flagship phones:
- A QHD display, and possibly two variants at this resolution with 5.2in and 5.5in displays,
- Both models will have 2K display resolutions
- Waterproofing on a metal bodyshell,
- Carl Zeiss camera optics (as per older Nokia models),
- A Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor.
- Metallic build which will re-introduce Nokia’s distinctive build and design qualities of lastyear
- IP68 waterproofing certification on both handsets.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor is name-dropped for both devices too,